Washington Independent Review of Books
18 Best Books of (or about) Poetry
- Grace Cavalieri
- January 12, 2016
These excellent 2015 titles — listed in no particular order — deserve your time and attention!
- No Confession, No Mass by Jennifer Perrine. University of Nebraska Press. 71 pp.
- Flowering Fires/Fuegos Florales by Alicia Partnoy, translated by Gail Wronsky. Settlement House. 59 pp.
- Lines of Defense by Stephen Dunn. W.W. Norton & Co. 95 pp.
- The Beauty by Jane Hirshfield. Alfred A. Knopf. 112 pp.
- The Glory Gets by Honorée Fannone Jeffers. Wesleyan University Press. 54 pp.
- Load Poems Like Guns: Women’s Poetry from Herat, Afghanistan, edited by Farzana Marie, foreword by Dr. Sharif Fayez. American University of Afghanistan. Holy Cow Press. 163 pp.
- Insomnia by Linda Pastan. W.W. Norton & Co. 93 pp.
- Empty Chairs by Liu Xia, translated by Ming Di and Jennifer Stern, introduction by Liao Yiwu, foreword by Herta Muller. Graywolf
See the complete list here: